Monday, October 26, 2009

Strength

I'm always telling my best friend that she's way stronger than she gives herself credit for. It's totally true though. When we were in high school her mom had lung cancer, got a transplant, got sick from an infection and was constantly sick for 4 years before she finally passed away. My bestie came through it and survived. I don't know that I would be the same person if I lost my mom because even on a good day she drives me nuts! We're still super close and losing her would be like losing a peice of myself. Then I remember that my bestie and her mom were just as close, if not closer.

Last nite as I was sat wallowing in the unfairness (<~ that's sooo a word) that has been my life in the past week I realized that I'm stronger than I often give MYSELF credit for. So I haven't lost my mother I did lose my Nana and my family, when my parents split, all with in about 2-years. And while I did a lot of things that I wasn't proud of during that time I still managed to graduate high school, get into college and not get knocked up like my much younger sisters, I used to judge them but that's just the path they chose for themselves. So what if things aren't going the way that I think they should be? As I 100% believe, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger & God only gives us what we can handle", I refuse to let the last week bring me down. For every down hill turn there has to be an up and we're on our way I up I can feel it in my bones and I have to believe it.

So today my head's up and I have my eye on the prize.

No comments: