Thursday, August 26, 2010

4 Weeks to go ... or so

I'm 36 weeks today! Next week I'm full term and Burrito could very well decide s/he is ready to make an appearance, although my "intuition" tells me this baby's going to be a lot like most of the family and make a late appearance, but we shall see. The nursery is done. All the neutral clothes are washed and put away and Gozer has decided that underneath the crib is his favorite new spot to hang out, I think he and Burrito are going to best friends! Nesting has set in and my house and freezer meals will be done in the next two weeks, God willing. I'm "ready" or as ready as one can be for the big change that's about to take place. I have no anxiety about labor or becoming a Momma. Maybe it's because I know hubz will be right there with me through it all or because I've had 9 months of growing this kid to prepare but either way I'm as "ready" as I can be.

The ladies over on my chat boards have all started talking about inductions and internals. Me I'm happy to let this kid come when s/he is damn good and ready. So unless something happens there will be no forcing Burrito before it's time and Momma does care about her "progress" or lack there of. It'll all happen when it's meant to happen. When did I become so zen? Who knows, but I'll take it. I've remained pretty stress free through this preganancy, minus the constant vomiting the first 5 1/2 months, and my hope is to maintain that until the end. Now when Burrito is here chances are that all bets are off. As hubz teases me I'm somewhat high strung and easily excited and worked up but hey that's just me.

With 4 weeks to go I've just started swelling and more on my right side then my left. The doc says it's probably because that's where Burrito is hanging out. Who knows but I have a club foot and it's a little freaky! But hey if I made it almost all the way through without any swelling I'll take it.

Okay well on to the survey:
How far along: 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: As of my 34 week appt I was still down about 6 lbs, I'll find out where I am on Monday.
Maternity clothes: Heck yes they're comfy
Stretch marks: Nope, not any new ones that weren't there before anyway
Sleep: It's as good as can be expected at 36 weeks I guess. I get up 1-2 times to pee and I never get really good sleep so I'm always tired, but it's totally worth it.
Best moment this week: Finishing the nursery
Food cravings:Red Robin steak fries and freckled lemonade and I got both yesterday!
Gender: It's a baby!
Labor signs: Just the braxton hicks. I might have had one or two contractions a couple weeks ago but who knows
Belly button in or out? Neither it's just flat :(
What I miss: Wine and sushi and sleeping on my stomach
What I'm looking forward to:My work shower on Tuesday!
Weekly wisdom: I'm to tired to be wise this week
Milestones: ummmm...my swollen feet?

No comments: