Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day


I've spent my entire life, in one way or another, surrounded by the miliatry.  Both my parents were Soliders and are Vets.  Now, as an adult, I work as a civilian for the governement. 

Growing up I didn't understand the importance of the job my parents had as Soliders, I really don't remember my mom as a solider since I was so young when she got out but I remember my Dad's career.  As I gotolder and become more aware of the world around me it all began to make since.  Their jobs as Soliders made it possible for me to have the freedom I did/do and it also allowed me to see parts of the country I may never have gotten to otherwise.

I've heard, and I believe, that we surround our selves with people that inspire us to be better and do better.  It's probably for this reason that most of the  important people in my life have been or are currently Soliders and if they don't fall into either of those catagories then they support Soliders in one way or another.  Who better to inspire me than people who have freely choosen to put their lives on the line so that I can live freely. 

Today is a celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.  So today take a moment to say a word of thanks to the people that make it possible for us to live our lives. 

Happy Veteran's Day!

No comments:

Blog Archive