Monday, December 5, 2011

Heavy Heart

My heart is heavy today with news from my Dad that my Grandma is in the hospital and it doesn't look good.  I thought we'd have a little more time, I had plans to go visit in the spring with the Bean and hopfully and new little bundle growing in my belly.  She hasn't even met her newest great grandchild.

Growing up an Army brat we didn't really spend a lot of time with our extended family, but we always knew they were there.  I don't have many memories of my Grandma, the one I remember the most is the time we lived with here while my dad got things set-up in Italy and there was a tornando.  It was scary and an adventure all at the same time, I imagine that's just a skill grandparents have.  Now as I sit here wondering if I'll be traveling south to Tennessee sometime this week I'm sad that my kids will never get to know her, or any of their great grandparents on my side personally but only through my memories.

I wish that I'd made the trip this summer like I'd originally planned and then life got in the way.  Life always gets in the way.  But I'm making a note to stop letting it be the reason for not getting important things, like time with family and friends,  done.  It's true ... tomorrow is not guranteed, we only have today.  If you can spare a prayer or two I'd greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Blog Archive