Thursday, August 1, 2013

August

How in the world is it August already?! I feel like we were just celebrating Memorial Day down in Corolla and now it's almost back-to-school time. This year is a big year in the Swiftly Growing house, the teenager starts high school! The Hubz is more I denial than I am but it's still hard for me to wrap my brain around the almost 14 year old we have and the 3 year old he was when I first started dating his Dad.

The start of high school means so many things for him and us. Before we know it he'll be off to college which means we have 4 years left to get him ready to be a psuedo adult. For him the next four years will start to really mold him into he man he will become.  High school is a time of making memories and choices that will, in one way or another, impact your life more than anything before this ever has.  

I'm excited and nervous for him and us. He's our test subject for how we'll likely handle the others. Although as I'm learning every kid really is different so his experiences will likely be his and only his and the others will all be handle in their own ways, when this chapter comes for them.

No comments: