Monday, February 22, 2010

Somtimes you just wanna chuck the lemons...

Normally I'm all about making lemonade, ya know when life hands me lemons, but today I just want to say to hell with it and chuck the lemons. Hubz took his police academy test today and passed with flying colors only to be told that because of bad choices he made years ago he doesn't qualify. He's never been arrested but because of behavior that he chose to be truthful about in his interview just like that his dream to do this thing that he has a yearning for is no longer possible.

I've kept my head up for the past, almost, 5 months as we put everything on hold for him to persue a dream and just like that we find it was all for nothing. He's upset, I know, but I'm pissed it would have been nice to know that this behavior was going to keep him out. Then we could have pursued other options. Now instead we've wasted the last 5 months!

So once I again I find myself praying:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I know that what does not kill us makes us stronger, but sometimes I wish God didn't believe me to be so strong.

No comments: