Monday, January 9, 2012

2012

A full week into 2012 and I'm just getting to properly welcoming it on this here blog.  Hey, I'm always running late so this is really no surprise to me. 2011 was a good year, not a great year, but a good year.  To me that means there's room for improvement but isn't there always?

Last year I did the whole resolution thing and like most people, well I'm assuming like most people, I barely got through January before I'd totally failed at keeping them.  Weird since I'm not a quitter but for some reason resolutions are always so impossible to completed. Why then do I even make them?  Who knows?  So this year, this year I'm not doing resolutions but goals.  Goals seem easier to me, kind of like a to-do list except my to-do lists are never ending. A few of my favoirte bloggers have made 12 Goals for 2012 lists, so since when it comes to this blog thing I'm more a follower than a leader I'm going to make my on 12 in 2012 list.

12 in 2012
  1. Read 50 books.  Really I'm sure I'm in way over my head here but hey go big or go home.  With that said I'll happily settle for 25, which truthfully I don't feel like that's settling because reading 25 books while doing what I do (you know work and run the household) I'm sure will be a fete in it's self but I figure hubz did get me the kindle I requested and it's all about forcing me to make time for ... well me.
  2. Potty Training.  I hear that potty training boys is hard, but what do I know the Bean's my first.  My hope is to have him out of diapers by the time his second birthday rolls around in September but I'll be happy to have him out of diapers come 1 January 2013 because let's be honest diapers are gross and if we have a new bundle by year end the last thing I want to be doing is changing two peoples butts.
  3. Date Nite.  2011 was rough for hubz and I, althoug I'm not sure if he'd agree maybe it was just me that was aware of the stress that our relationship was under.  Regardless this year we'll be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary, CRAZY, and I feel like even with wanting to add a new babe to this madness we need to make an effort to get back to our center .. US.  I'm just asking for one nite a month, nothing crazy, where we spend just a couple hours together, uninterrupted, doing nothing or something.
  4. Debt Reduction.  I've got big plans for our debt this year.  BIG plans!  I'm tired of living virtually pay check to pay check and not getting a yearly vacation like we did earlier in our relationship.  So my hope is to have about $12000 worth of debt paid of by year end.  I know we can do it if we, okay really me, can get our spending under control.  I have a nasty habit of buying anythign I want and really I have no excuse so I'm vowing to work on it.  I'm sure the first couple of months are going to be hard but I have faith.
  5. Baby. Did someone say new baby?  Yes please!  We're thinking that it might be time to pull the plug, so to speak, and start thinking about adding a new addition.  We both turned 30 in 2011 and have always said after 35 we're done with kids which means time is ticking.  I'm nervous and anxious about this step but so ready to give my little Bean a little brother or sister ... prayers that this process doesn't take as long as last time would be greatly appreciated.
  6. Girlfriends.  My family is the group of people that God chose to give me. My girlfriends are the women that God blessed me with at various points in my life but that I chose to foster relationships with.  In the last couple of years I feel like I've been a mediocre friend at best and I want to change that this year.  This year I want to make an effort to touch base with each of theses special women at least once a month.  It doesn't have to be in person or even by phone but I want them each to know that I'm thinking about them even though we may not be in constant contact.  I'm excited to see how I work this out.
  7. The Bean's First Year.  I started The Bean's first year scrapbook almost a year ago and I'd really like to finish it before he turns 2, actually before he turns 18 months but we'll see about that.  I still have about 6 months worth of pictures I need to print which is hard with that whole belt tightening going on from goal #4 but I'll figure it out.
  8. The Step-son's First Years. Hubz never had a baby book for the step-son so for Father's Day last year I started a scrapbook of his first years.  My goal is to finish this one through 5th grade and then start and get through 6th  & 7th grades so next year I can just add 8th grade and be ready for his high school years.
  9. College T-shirts Quilt.  I have this tub of t-shirts from college that I've had, well since I graduated from undergrad in 2004.  I begged hubz to get me a sewing machine so I could make a quilt out of my t-shirts, which he did almost a year ago and ... well those t-shirts they're still in a tub at the bottom of my closet.  I think it might be time that I actually did what I said I was going to before hubz stops buying me requested gifts.
  10. Office Redo.  Our office was one of the first rooms that I painted.  I loved that the color I picked was neutral and would work when we moved our first baby and eventually second into that room regardless of their sex.  However, then I picked the hallway color and hubz put it on the wall and the office color and the hallway color were almost the same ... FAIL!  Now I'm on the search to find another neutral color that can work for either sex and before this summer when we'll probably, hopefully, be moving the Bean over to that room in preparation for a new baby.
  11. Plan Christmas...before Christmas.  Last year we did good about having all our Christmas shopping done almost two weeks before Christmas.  This year I want to have a good solid plan by Thanksgiving, with the exception of our Secret Santa siblings on both sides and our Secret Santa niece/nephew on hubz' side.  Hopefully we can be done shopping just as soon this year as last year.  Now if only I could have all the wrapping done before Christmas Eve. 
  12. Go with the flow.  This isn't so much a goal, although I guess it could be.  Hubz and I work so well because he's a Gemini and I'm a Scorpio.  He's the fun guy and me I'm the Type A.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good time but normally it's me that's making sure everything sure is taken care of before having a good time.  While I realize my personality's not going to change, I'm a Scorpio through and through, I'm making this year about trying not to let things get to me ... as much. I figure if I accomplish 11 out of 12 I've done good.
There you have it my 12 in 2012.  I'm already well on my way to accomplishing #1 (I just started book 5) and a few of the others.  Maybe I'll update about them, although chances are good that I won't.  It's funny I write this blog like I have an abundance of readers but as far as I know I only have two readers (Hi Sarah and Melissa) that's okay I'll keep writing because it's my outlet and because it gives me a place to keep track of all my high, and low points.

    1 comment:

    Unity Title said...

    Hi Poo poo! =) I love this list, and I know you will do great! Love you!