Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dumpling 24 Weeks

Well, I've been back from vacation for a week and missed 2 weeks of updates on Dumpling.  I'm okay with it though because first there was nothing new to report and second I was on vacation enjoying my family and relaxing.

I had an appointment yesterday and with only one more 4 week appointment before we move to every 2 weeks I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a little stressed, but I've started my to-do lists and I know I can count on Hubz to pick up the slack once he realizes how overwhelmed I'm feeling so I'm not gonna lose it...yet.

So without further ado, this week's stats.

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: After my appointment yesterday I'm down yet another pound which brings  me down  9 pounds to the doctor but if I include the 5 pounds I'd lost before I started my appointments at 9 weeks it's really 14 pounds.
 
Maternity clothes? ummm...heck yes and I have been since about 9 weeks, but I'm still also wearing a lot of non-maternity too. I'm only comfortable with the pants that have the secret belly so my clothing choices have started to dwindle so I've started looking at eBay.

Stretch marks? no new ones.

Sleep: eh..it's not to bad but Hubz is out of town and I don't sleep well whenever he's gone so it'll be Labor Day before I start sleeping better...maybe.

Best moment this week: Dumpling kicking the Bean when he was laying on my stomach.  He was very confused.

Food cravings: nothing really, I'm just happy to be able to eat I'm about at the point I was with the Bean where I started being able to eat more so that's good.  Of course I still have days where food and I aren't friends but such is life.

Gender: no idea and we won't know until December when Dumpling makes his/her appearance

Labor Signs: I started with Braxton Hicks  and some of them are a little intense but nothing sitting with my feet up and drinking some water can't take care of.  I didn't think I started with BH this early last time but Hubz says it was about the same time.  Other than that no real labor signs and it better stay like the for a least 3 more months.

Belly Button in or out? getting flatter as the days progress

What I miss: A good glass of red wine and some pasta with red sauce
What I am looking forward to: starting to make progress on getting the Bean moved and getting the nursery ready for Dumpling's arrival. 

Weekly Wisdom: It's true that the second pregnancy seems to move faster, probably because you're chasing after a toddler and can't sit around thinking as much about the impending arrival.

Milestones: The Bean feeling Dumpling kick and The Bean kind of starting to understand Momma has a baby in her belly.  Now if he'd stop using me as a jungle gym.

No comments: