Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Been A while

It's been a while since I last posted and there's a lot going on. First, hubz recently read my blog and noticed that I had blogged about how I expected that nothing would get done around the house once he became unemployed. However, I never updated on that I was somewhat wrong. While he's been out of work for 6 months now, yes SIX MONTHS, with only a glimmer of prospect here and there he's still managed to get somethings done and while it's not as much as I would like it's something. He got the entire front room and all the hallways painted for our family christmas dinner. As well as getting our dead tree cut down in our front yard. He's also started plans for the front and backyard. It's definately more than I had hoped for, thanks hubz I love you.

On the pregnancy front I have now lost a total of 10 pounds and that is no bueno. I'm going back in 2 weeks, I'll be 20 weeks - or as the ladies on the bump call it half baked, and depending on the weight then we'll decide how to proceed. I must admit while I'm attempting not to get to worked up about it I am a little upset. I mean why can't my body get a handle on this whole being pregnant thing!? I'm still sick, although not as much thank goodness, and still have terrible food aversions. I can't eat much meat or most things and my lactose intolerance is still around, although I had that prior to pregnancy so that's in no way burrito's fault. Perhaps burrito is giving me such a hard time in utero because he/she is going to be a perfect babe upon birth...hey a girl can wish. So until May 7th, which is also the date of our sonogram where will get to see burrito for the first time since our dating ultrasound, it's a waiting (no pun intended) game.

In life news there's big things going on. My middle sister is getting married in 5 days! I told hubz while I realize she's a grown up all I see when I look at her is the little girl sitting on her training potty or the little girl with the big glasses and poofy hair, not that I have much room to talk on that. Sure I realize that she's a mom and now soon to be wife but to me she'll always be my little sister. As matron of honor and oldest sister I have the honor of giving a toast at her wedding and I'm having the hardest time even getting started. How do I put into words how happy and proud I am of and for her on what is surely to be one of the best days of her life. Typing this I'm crying so I can only imagine what Saturday will be like.

As I marry off one sister I have in the back of my head that in just 12 more months I'll be marrying off my baby sister which is even crazier to me. I firmly believe that there is no bond like that of sisters. Sure my littles are twins and so by nature closer to each other, but regardless I know that no matter what that the three of us share a bond like no other. Especially when you consider that we grew up as Army brats. We were the only sure friends we had everytime we moved.

No comments: