Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

Remember that concert we were suppose to go to on Friday, to see the handsome Darius Rucker?  Well it was a no go.  It stormed just as we got int to town and though the concert was rain or shine the Bean was not down with rain.  He screamed and was crying hysterically even though he was in the stroller and covered, guess the pool is okay but acid rain not so much.  Of course if we had just gotten in the car and waited 20 minutes, which was still plenty of time before the concert started, we would have had clear skies and great weather for the actual concert.  Oh well, we'll try again when he's a little older.  I spent the rest of the evening lounging around watching Season 3 of the Tudors while Hubz was playing softball.

Saturday, I spent the morning doing more yard work and the early afternoon napping with the Bean.  Later in the day we went to watch Hubz play softball then joined some friends over at the in-laws for a little swimming, it was H-O-T.  I left swimming early because the Bean was tired, as he should be getting up at 330 and then 7 in the morning, so we went home for dinner and bed.  Saturday nite was the same as Friday I laid in bed watching more Season 3 of the Tudors, hubz was still swimming.

Sunday I was exhausted and cranky because this time the Bean was up from 1130 - 115 and refused to sleep and finally woke up for the day at 7.  He was whiny and cranky most of the morning, so I knew there was most definitely a nap in both of our futures.  The nite before Hubz had taken it upon himself to invite everyone over for swimming later in the day, good thing I was consulted (note the sarcasm), so we wound up with an somewhat impromptu bbq.  I'm not gonna lie I was a little ticked that my last free weekend day was being taken up hosting people but that was before my nap.  Once I was able to get a nap and the Bean took a good 2.5 hour nap I was in a better mood and happy to have everyone over enjoying the nice weather and each others company.

This weekend the Bean and I are headed to South Carolina, just the two of us, to visit with an old college friend.  This will be the first time I've seen her since my shower exactly 1 year ago this Sunday and this will be the first time she's meeting the Bean.  I'm super excited since I normally see in her in January but didn't make it down this year due to just getting a grip on breastfeeding after Bean had been so sick.  I'm sure we'll have a great visit and I can't wait to meet up with another old friend from my days at UT.  Thursday afternoon can't get here soon enough.

I'll leave you with this picture from this weekend at Hubz softball game.

His hat was way to big, but he didn't care.

No comments:

Blog Archive