Tuesday, May 14, 2013

6 Months - Baby Girl

Baby Girl,

TOO FAST! This time last year we were just telling everyone about your impending arrival and now you're 6 months. It's your half-birthday and I can't even wrap my brain around it.  This last month you've changed so much.  You're rolling all over the place and laughing and cooing like you've always done it.  You're such a happy girl unless you're hungry or sleepy. You, however, are not the best sleeper AT ALL!  Oh sweet girl why won't you sleep?  Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by the lack of sleeping you do and then I remember that just like everything this is simply a stage and will eventually pass, although to be honest I wish we'd get through it already.

You haven't cut any teeth yet and you're right on track with your clothing sizes, unlike your brother who was always a size ahead of his actual age.  I'm learning quickly that what other parents say is so very true, every baby is different.  You and your brother while you have many similarities there are so many ways you are different, besides the obvious. 

The next month won't see too much excitement, at least not compared to what you've had in the last couple of months.  We're headed to the beach for Memorial Day, I can't wait to see how you react to the sand and how your brother interacts with you at the Beach.  Speaking of your brother he ADORES you sometimes a little too much.  While I hope to give you a sister one day, there's nothing like the bond of sisters, the two of you will always have a special relationship as the oldest sister and brother. I love just watching the two of you interact and look forward to the day when you'll be able to actually play together.

Baby girl while your lack of sleep exhausts me, I'm continuously amazed at how quickly you're changing. It makes me smile and sad at the same time to know you'll be one so soon but I know it's just the circle of life.  These moments are just a sprinkle in your book of life and I'm so honored that God chose me to guide you and be a part of it.

I love you always and forever sweet girl

Momma

No comments: