Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a step-mom. My mom and sisters all came over and I cooked dinner, since I don't consider myself a real mom, for them. It was a good time had by all, until we realized that our unfinished room in our basement was flooding along with the bathroom and the corner where my very expensive, handmade curio cabinet was sitting. NOT HAPPY! When hubz called the management guy he politely responded with...What do you want me to do? And so starts the house hunting.

That one little comment was enough to push hubz over the edge and so no we're moving up the house buying to this summer. We've been pre-approved and we're going on our first house hunting excursion this Friday! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm excited, anxious, overwhelmed and about a million other emotions. But in the end we'll be homeowners and then it's on to babies and grad school (which by the way is going to kick my butt since I can't even figure out the GRE!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Send me the house pictures as you start looking! That's so exciting!!