Monday, September 28, 2009

Health Care, Politics, Football and some other things

I don't consider myself an overly political person. There are certain issues I stand firm on but others that I could be persuaded to change sides if I thought the other side had a better idea. I'm registered as a Democract but only because I tend to lean more towards that way of thinking but mostly because in Virigina you have to declare a side so you can vote in the primary. In Virginia we're voting for a new Governor, among other things, and for some reason the Republicans have been mailing and calling me like crazy. Now I don't care one way or the other b/c the truth is most of the time I don't vote for anything other than the President, I know it's horrible but I haven't cared much about local politics. This year though with the talk of HOT lanes, the state of our education in the state (which seems to have gone down hill since I graduated) and health care...which is also a picture thing for me as well...I'm highly considering it. I haven't made a decison for one candidate or the other but by Novemeber I will.

Speaking of Health Care I wish I could understand what the upheaval is about wanting everyone to have health care. What do those of us who are fortunate enough to have jobs with health care thing we should be the only ones guranteed that we won't go into debt after we have a baby or if we wind up in the hospital. For to long this country has been a reverse Robin Hood, we still from the rich to give to the poor. It's about damn time we start helping out those less fortunate than the minority. It makes no since to me that any human should suffer because they can't afford health care. Fine maybe the plan Canada has isn't right for us but you can't honestly tell me there isn't something that can work. And to now come up with something just doesn't seem like an option to me. I have one sister who works for an at home nursing company that doesn't offer health care, WTF is that about, and another who can't afford it because she's a server. I'm 100% invested in finding a way to make sure health care can be offered to all, even if it means I pay more taxes!

I'm a die hard Redskins fan have been my whole life and will remain so until the day I die. I bleed burgandy and gold. I'm a fan regardless if they win or lose and my faith has been tested in the last few years. We can't seem to get our shit together! We have the talent but our coaching lacks creativity, O-line lacks something to get the job done and our QB though he's talented can't really get the job done with the O-line he has. So where do we go from here. I hate to jump on the bandwagone but I think the place to start is Zorn. I've never been horny for Zorny and up to this point he hasn't given me a reason to. We're going to start losing our best players if Snyder and his cast of idots can't find a way to get things done!

Yup, super random post I know but I had to get the things rattling around in my brain out so I could get some more work done. It's busy time, gotta love the federal gov't and year end, and things are just going to get busier with appraisal time and a new training module I'm heavily involved in plus school but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: