Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving and Christmas beginnings

Thanksgiving was low key this year. My sister and brother-in-law that got married in September hosted this year, it's kind of like a little tradition to host either Thanksgiving or Christmas the year you get married. There were only 7 of us: me, hubz, the step-son, SIL, BIL, nephew and MIL. It was nice though because Christams is going to CRAZY! I drank a little to much wine, like 1/2 a bottle two much, I should have stopped 1/2 way through the second bottle instead of finishing it. However, 2 bottles of wine and six hours of sleep later, for a 550 am wake-up, I was up and shopping. SIL and I have been doing black friday shopping for a couple of years now and I love it. I can normally get all 12 nieces and nephews done and the step-son and hubz about 1/2 way done..it's great! The rest of the weekend was nice with nothing to do but sleep in and lounge around which is exactly what we did.

Now it's on to Christmas and all the holiday has to bring. Like family, the birth of Christ and the joys of Christmas in general. With hubz out of work this Christams we're only gifting nieces, nephews and parents and then each other and the step-son. I'm sad about it b/c there's nothing I love more than giving presents but what can we do really? We're also hosting dinner at our house this year and rather then a buffet where we find a seat where ever we can we're having a sit down. The table have been gotten and now we have to figure out the chair situation and see how many of the family will be joining us. It should be fun, exhausting and fulfilling. Hubz and my family's are both very different but I love any opportunity we can have to get us all together in one place. Our families shape us and to have all 20+ of us together for a least on holiday a year makes me happy.

No comments: