Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Eve, Eve

Ah the day before we celebrate the closing of yet another year.  This year it's definately different because we have Trip, who as I type this is happily cooing away in his crib even though he's suppose to be napping.  I'll spend the next 24 hours or so preparing for our annual New Year's Eve bash.  While hubz will spend it doing a whole lot of nothing until I start to get frantic and then he'll decide to pitch in, I love that man but sometimes he's a little oblivious to the world around him.

Today Trip will meet his great-grandmother, Meme, for the first time.  She's the matriarch of hubz' family and I hope he cherish's the time he'll have with her.  At the same time I'm sad because I wish that my Nana, his great-Nana, were here for this moment as well.  I know she's smiling down on us and will be as big a part of his life as I make her but I wish she were here in person to meet this little person that I made and that is so precious and special to me.

So as we all prepare to gather with friends and love ones to say goodbye to  2010 and hello to 2011. I wish everyone a happy, safe and prosperous new year.  And may 2011 make all your dreams come true.

No comments:

Blog Archive