Monday, June 4, 2012

Did Somebody say Baby?

It's with the most excitement the hubz and I tell the world that we're pregnant with baby number 2!  At this point we're at the start of the 2nd Trimester, even though as I write this post I'm only 4 weeks along.  Our little Dumpling is due in December, we're not finding out the sex again, .  So yeah I thought it'd be fun to have a baby during the busiest family time of the year, ya know how I love an adventure!

How did we find out?  Easter weekend I was due to get Aunt Flo but I had a pretty good feeling that she wasn't going to show.  I tested Easter morning, at 430a because I was awake with no sign of going back to sleep, and sure enough there was the positive sign!  Even though I was expecting it I was still shocked.  I think because with the Bean it took us almost a year and this time it took us two months.  I let hubz find out by leaving the test sitting on the bathroom counter, so original I know. We told all fam Memorial Day Weekend, a little earlier than I would have liked but we were headed to the beach with most of them for the weekend and knew me not drinking kind of would have been a dead giveaway. 
Since we're not finding out the sex again there's not much we'll need for this wee babe.  I'd like to get a better baby carrier and increase my cloth diaper stash.  We'll probably need a new crib and dresser/changing table but we're not sure yet. Oh and we're hoping to get the Bean potty trained before then, yup I've got big plans! Now we're just sitting back and enjoying our last few months with the Bean being our baby as we prepare for this newest arrival.  My little Bean is going to be such a great big brother and I can't wait to see how he interacts with this newest little family member.

No comments: