Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Changes ...

I'm pretty sure the Bean is done breastfeeding.  I knew it was coming but it still makes me sad.  We made it almost 22 months, I had hope to make it to 24.  We made it WAY past my six week goal.  It's better that it was his choice, rather than mine come September when he turns 2 and I know it'll help the transition with the new baby if he doesn't see his sibling as the baby that stole his boob but I wasn't ready.  I guess that's what it comes down to really, I wasn't ready.  I thought I still had 2 more months to prepare although if I'm honest I probably would have never been ready.

I never thought I'd be one of those Mommas that would breastfeed past 6 weeks let alone a year but almost two years.  Guess it's true what they say about your thoughts on parenting, they go out the window when you actually become a parent.  It's been a great 22 months and I'll cherish the time that was just for us, me and my Sweet Bean.  But now it's time to move on to the next stage.  In 2 months I'll have a full blown toddler!  We've got potty training and crib transitioning in our future (of course we may hold off on the crib to toddler bed change since he's still happily sleeping in his crib without climbing out and I don't look forward to the mess that comes with moving him to a toddler bed). 

It's all part of him growing and moving closer to independence I supposed but it still makes me sad.

No comments: