Monday, June 4, 2012

Life Milestones

I've got pictures and a post almost done from our fantastic Memorial Day Weekend Beach Vacation but it's not quite done, maybe this week..who knows!  However, this weekend we're headed out on another road trip adventure and mini-vacation.  Once of hubz' cousins is graduating from high school and with this graduation starts the week of celebrating several of the young adults in our family all hitting different, important school/life milestones.  Our oldest niece will also graduate from high school, my little brother we'll be leaving middle school and my baby sister's oldest son will be finishing elementary school.  I think the last two are the hardest for me to wrap my mind around.

Before I became I Momma I never realized how big an impact this different turning points in our life mark the next chapter.  Milestones aren't just the way we make sure our wee babes are progressing the way they should be but also the way we as parents measure how we're doing.  They also remind us of how far we've come and how far those we love have come.

Being a Momma has made me much more sentimental, not that I wasn't already, and aware of these things.  If only because before I know it my little Bean will be starting school, kissing girls, driving, going to prom and leaving for college. 

No comments: