Monday, October 1, 2012

Dumpling - 29 Weeks (2 days)


Somewhere, along the way of this pregnancy, I lost control of my life. It's slowly starting to drive me insane, like REALLY crazy, so I'm working on gaining back some of that.  However, I think the out of control is still winning.  What's even worse is I know that it's not going to get any better, what with adding a new baby and all.
 
Le sigh.
 
So that's why it's taken me 5 weeks to write an update on Dumpling.  Although I was only doing every 4 weeks anyway since that's when my appointments were but now where at 2 week appointments.  SAY WHAT!?  Yup I'll be visiting with fantastic OB every two weeks now, starting next Monday when I'll be 30 weeks, 2 days.  I'm not sure how this happened, this being almost 10 weeks from my due date with barely anything accomplished but alas it did and now I feel like I'm in hyper drive to get things done while still working and maintaining a home (although not very well) and maintaining my sanity (again not very well). 
 
Oh well, ready or not Dumplings coming so I better get it together and soon because I think chances are good that this babe will be making an early appearance like big brother did 2 years ago.  Oh yeah that's right I have a two year and pictures to share from his birthday, ya know when I have time.
 

How far along? 29 weeks, 2 days
 
Total weight gain/loss: After my appointment a week and half ago I'm down two more pounds which brings  me down  11 pounds to the doctor but if I include the 5 pounds I'd lost before I started my appointments at 9 weeks it's really 16pounds. I now weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with the Bean.
 
Maternity clothes? ummm...heck yes and I have been since about 9 weeks, but I'm still also wearing a lot of non-maternity too. I'm only comfortable with the pants that have the secret belly so my clothing choices have started to dwindle so I've started looking at eBay and discovered that Motherhood Maternity sells leggings and petite pants so I've added a couple pairs of each to my wardrobe to get me through the next few months.

Stretch marks? no new ones.

Sleep: Some nites are better than others. I'm up at least once a nite to go to the bathroom and can only really sleep on my left side or sitting up so lots of rearranging but every once in a while I find the perfect position and can sleep through most of the nite.

Best moment this week: I haven't throw n up in a couple of weeks, and since some days I'm still uber nauseous I'll take it.
 
Food cravings: nothing really, I'm just happy to be able to eat most things.  Still can't do anything super sweet or soda or coffee or tea but I can eat most meat now without wanting to hurl so that's something
 
Gender: no idea and we won't know until December when Dumpling makes his/her appearance

Labor Signs: I started with Braxton Hicks  and some of them are a little intense but nothing sitting with my feet up and drinking some water can't take care of.  I didn't think I started with BH this early last time but Hubz says it was about the same time.  Other than that no real labor signs and it better stay like the for a least 8 more weeks.

Belly Button in or out? my poor belly button.  it looks like a little ledge it's so flat
 
What I miss: A good glass of red wine and some pasta with red sauce oh and sushi I REALLY miss sushi and wine.
What I am looking forward to: since our 5 year wedding anniversary is this weekend I'm looking forward to time for just me and the hubz, but when we get back it's nothing but baby prep

Weekly Wisdom: It's true that the second pregnancy seems to move faster, probably because you're chasing after a toddler and can't sit around thinking as much about the impending arrival.

Milestones: The Bean understanding Momma has a baby in her belly.  Now if he'd stop using me as a jungle gym.

No comments: