Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thoughts and Ramblings

With only 14 days until Christmas I'm feeling uncharacteristically relaxed. My shopping's just about finished. Saturday we're getting our tree and decorating the outside of the house. I've got a to-do list, of course, with things I need to get finished before Sunday, but I'm doing good. I love Christmas almost as much as I love Halloween, but this year's is bittersweet because next year my best friend will be on the other side of the country. I try not to think about the fact that in five months she'll be gone because it makes me sad instead I focus on our weekly dinners and the time that we do have. Our relationship has never been very complicated. We met in 4th grade and have been best friends ever since. We were inseperable through elementary school, went to different middle schools but were always in touch, reunited in high school where we were once again inseperable and then went to different colleges but again always in touch. She was there the day I got engaged and the day I got married. To know that we're going to have to work harder at maintaining our friendship is both scary and exciting. I refuse to let her not be a part of my life.

No comments: