Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Day

Yesterday was a BIG day, not only because I got my dining room painted, but because the United States inagurated it's first African American, well bi-racial, President. I watched on tv as a dream was realized. Never have I been more proud to be an American.

Hubz tends to tell my I'm a pessimist but I like to say I'm a realist. It's this realist attitude that allows me to realize that President Obama isn't going to be able to turn around the state of our nation in one day, one week, one month or even one year. It's going to take time and patience on the part of the American people and the President as well. We didn't get into the crisis over nite and it won't be fixed over nite. I'm hopful that the change that was promised in the months leading up to the election will be forth coming and that with that change we will have a stronger America.

I leave you with the final words from President Obama's Inagural Address:
"America. In the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations. "

No comments: