Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year, New Me

So I'm always making resolutions that I don't keep and just yesterday I broke a promise, not so much a resolution, I made to not get angry with hubz for flaws I already knew about before we got married. I realize it's counterproductive. I knew before we got married that he's not that he's not the most helpful around the house and that our priorities may not always jive when it comes to certain things, but I also know that, for the most part, when it comes to the important things we are on the same page and on the things we may not agree on eventually we can come to some sort of compromise that makes both of us happy, to an extent. I knew marriage wasn't easy and I knew that since we chose to live together, though I wrestled with this for over a year, that the beginning years would be extra tough but I also know that I'm not a quiter and that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Also, I firmly believe that God does not give us what we can't handle and that divorce is not an option. So we'll muttle through and figure it out. Besides we're survivors hubz and I there hasn't been anything that's been thrown at us that we haven't been able to figure out together and we'll do the same thing with this marriage thing.

Onto my resolution:
I resolve to finally lose those damn 15 lbs, to get my life in order and be happy with where I'm at, to make a bigger effort to visit my dad and spend time with my sisters at least once a month or so and to strengthen my marriage because I know that 10 years from now that being with hubz is the only place I want to be.

No comments: