Thursday, June 11, 2009

Heavy Heart

My heart is heavy today at the thought that though we as a country have come so far we still have so far to go. Yesterday an 88 year-old white supremacist opened fire at the Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC. My first reaction when I heard this was anger. Anger at the fact that this man thought he had the right to endager other peoples lives because of his hatred. Anger at the thought that this man had lived his life full of hatred for anyone that was not like him, but now this hatred has turned to sadness because this man lived his life full of hatred for anyone that was not like him. I firmly believe that the reason that the United States is such a fantastic place to live is because we are a mixture of cultures, beliefs and people. Yet we see events like the shooting at the Holocaust Museum or the recent cold blooded murder of a doctor, that performed abortions, who was shot while at Church! I can't fathom what made these men think they had the right! Now as I write this I'm angry again but it's a sad angry. Sad because though we've come so far as a country still have so far to go.

No comments: