Friday, June 26, 2009

Sad Day

Yesterday was a sad day. First Farah Fawcett, then Michael Jackson. Then I find out the date I've been dreading for the past year. My bestie's departure date for Cali. August 8th. Exactly a month and half before her little daughter turns 2. And almost two months before I celebrate my two year anniversary. One week after we shower her newest expected bundle and in all irony of irony's celebrate her going away. Going away parties are the worst invention ever! So now I wait. I wait for my world to change as I know it.

Don't get me wrong I normally embrace change because I realize that change is what make life go round. And eventually I'll embrace this change, but right now my heart hurts. It hurts for things that I'm going to miss her daughter learning in the two year's they'll be gone. It hurts for the little moments I'll miss with the newest baby. But mostly it hurts because the person that knows me better than even hubz will be across the country, three hours behind.

As with anything I have a hard time dealing with I ask God to guide me and repeat my "mantra:"

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The strenghth to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

No comments: