Wednesday, September 7, 2011

12 Months - 1 Year

Bean
How is that you're already 1 year old today?  I feel like I just bought you home and here we are today celebrating your birth.  We had a bumpy start there in the beginning but here we are a little older and a little wiser but no worse for wear.  The last year has been one of the best of my life, even with all the sleepless nites, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

This last month you've grown so much.  Just last week you took your first 3-steps unassisted, I'm sure you'll be walking any day now.  You don't eat baby food anymore, and really haven't for a while.  We're still having some issues getting you to adjust to drinking milk but like everything else it will come with time.  You're vocabulary is growing with leaps and bounds and imagine when you finally start talking you'll be like your brother in that we'll never be able to get you stop.  We're still working on trying to get you to sleep through the nite but it'll happen soon enough.

You, my sweet boy, have forever changed my life.  Not only by making me your Momma but by showing me what unconditional love is.  Over the years I'm sure you'll do things that disappointment me, make me angry or sad but one thing will forever remain and that is my unconditional love for you.  It's true what they (whoever "they"are) say ... becoming a Mother changes your life.  It is most definitely a change I'll gladly take.

I love you sweet boy!  Happy First Birthday!

Momma

No comments: