Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

While today doesn't mean anything to me really, although this day last year I was in labor with the Bean, it's still signifies the end of the summer.  I don't hate summer, but I'm much more a fall girl.  My birthday is in fall, the weather's not to cold and not to hot and it leads up to the start of the holidays.  My step-son starts 7th grade today, hard to believe in one more year he'll be in high school.

Tomorrow's the day.  My little Bean turns One!  I'm so sad, but in a good way, to see this day come.  This last year has been amazing.  I never thought I wanted to be a Momma and then to realize it's the thing I love most about my life now.  Being that little boy's Momma is the single most gratifying thing in my life right now and while sometime I feel like I've lost the person I use to be I know that in time he won't need me as much and I'll get back to being that person, and maybe even better because of the person I want to be for him.  This week is very low key and super short at work. Which is good since I have a few last minute party details to take care of.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: