Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things (as posted on Facebook)

1. My biggest fear is failing at my marriage.

2. Until my little brother was born I didn't want any kids. Now I want 4!

3. My parent's divorce broke my spirit and my nana's death took my faith. It took going to school in Florida to get them both back.

4. I 100% believe that Curtis is the love of my life. We're so different but he balances me. Not to mention he made one of my bestest friends my sister.

5. I'm quite the shoe and purse whore. So much so that as soon as we're out of debt I'm going shopping and I'm willing to spend $400 on a diaper bag just to have a Coach bag!

6. I have the unfortunat character flaw of being brutally honest. My honesty has caused me to lose friends so I'm slowly learning that sometimes honesty may not be the best policy.

7. My sisters make me more and more proud of them everyday. They're proof that a stong will and determination can get you anywhere in life.

8. I miss my friends from high school and college. Growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be.

9. I have no regrets about the things I've done in my life. They've made me the person I am.

10. I miss college and wish that I got to see my Tampa girls more, not just for our weddings.

11. If I didn't have to work I'd be a wedding/party planner. I'm convinced that it's my calling.

12. While I don't have a problem with authority I do have a problem with people telling me I can't do something. Tell me I can't and I'll prove I can, just as the lady at the bridal boutique I went to this weekend.

13. I LOVE STARBUCKS. I realize that $4 for a coffee is absurd, but I just can't help it.

14. Even after we have kids Curtis and I will still vacation just the two of us. It's good for our relationship and my sanity, sometimes you just need a break.

15. It's so true that your friends are the family you pick and sometimes if you're lucky your friends really do become your family.

16. My best friend Mandy is moving sometime this year and not having her as an integral part of my life scares the bejesus out of me. I've always been the one to go away so I don't know how to adjust to her being the one going away.

17. Though I want kids I'm scared that I won't be a good mom.

18. It takes a special person to be step-parent and most days I don't think I'm that person but I continue to get up every morning and do the best I can.

19. I'm proud to say I voted for Barack Obama and that part of the reason I did it was because he's black (really bi-racial just like me!). I love that one day I really can tell my kids they can be anything they want, including Pesident of the USA, regardless of the color of thier skin.

20. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so independent. I realize it comes off as snobish but the truth of the matter is you can't really trust people until they give you a reason to.

21. I'm Catholic and pro-choice. And while I know these are two things at odds with each other I believe that God gave us free choice so that we can make the choice that's best for us and that in the end only He can decide if that choice makes you a bad person.

22. I want to die having sex!

23. Buying our house is my greatest accomplishment so far in life.

24. If someone had told me I'd be married by 26 I'd have laughed in thier face. But as they say the best laid plans....

25. Though I hate to admit it I'm a type A personality, except on vacation, I need to have a plan even if that plan doesn't work out the way I like.

No comments: