Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Every year I say I'm going to tackle spring cleaning.  Give my house the scrub down it deserves and kick start Spring and the beautiful weather it's sure to bring with a fantastically (<~ that's a word right?) clean house.  Every year it's a complete failure...the best laid plans right?  However, this year I was serious.  With so many things in my life feeling like they're spiraling out of control I had to do something to take back some control and the first place I can do that is in my own house, I'm still trying to figure out how to do it with my life.  So Saturday I cleaned Bean's room, switiched out small clothes for bigger ones, got rid of stuffed animals and clothes and just need to vaccum and steam clean his carpet.  Yesterday hubz and I tackled our room, or at least half, by vacuming and steam cleaning the carpet .  We have a GIANT king size bed with a GIANT dresser to  match so we only got half the room done but we'll finish tonite and next weekend we'll move on to the office, which is in desperate need of a purge.  My goal is to have the inside of the house done by mid-April, since I'm only working on stuff on weekends, and then to move to the outside in May, once it's nice on a consistent basis.

With getting the house in order I've been trying to come up with ways to get my life in order, since I feel like it's spinning out of control.  Last Wednesday was Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent a time that's suppose to allow for the preparation of the coming of Christ and time to reflect and repent.  It's normally a day I take to go to Church and reflect and prepare for the Lenten season but this year I couldn't go because times just didn't work out and with virtually being a single parent during the week it's hard to get the things important to me done because of taking care of the boys.  So now I feel out of sorts.

No comments:

Blog Archive