Thursday, June 9, 2011

Weddings

I love weddings.  It my dream life I'm a great wedding planner that has to turn clients away, I said it was a dream life.  I've always had a love of weddings but my obsession for the planning started almost 5 years ago with the planning of my own wedding.  Since then I've had the honor of helping many important ladies in my life plan their special days but after this weekend that honor will likely come to an end with the marriage of my youngest sister.  Sure I have my little brother, who with any luck will not be getting married for a very long time (since he is only 13) but he's a boy which mens when the time comes it'll be his future wife doing the bulk of the planning with her family. 

There's something about a wedding that just makes me all happy and giddy.  It's the bride and groom promising to love each other through all of life's ups and downs.  It's the party that follows afterwards with the mediocre food and the free booze.  It's the pictures that come from the after party of the bride still smiling and showing off her ring to her girls.  There's just something about a wedding.

In the movie 27 Dresses the two main characters describe their favoirte part of the wedding being when the groom sees the bride coming down the aisle while everyone else is paying attention to the bride.  That moment when it's like they're the only two people in the world, it's like time stop -- really I think it might.

On Saturday as my Dad walks my little sister down the aisle, to the man that I'm convinced God made just for her, I'll be watching for that one moment when they lock eyes and it becomes just the two of them.  I'll try not to cry, although chances are good I will, as I give my speech.  All the while I'll be remembering my special day almost 4 years ago when a ruggishly handsome boy promised to love me always and I'll smile as my baby sister joins the married lady club and embarks on an adventure that's just as fun as being a Momma is.

No comments:

Blog Archive