Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend in Reveiw

This was probably the most relaxed Thanksgiving weekend we've had in a while.  We did dinner with my family this year, which we haven't done since we've been together I don't think, and it was nice.  I wish my little sister had been there but she had just had a baby a week ago so I understood her need to stay home. Hubby and I started of the day laying in bed with the Bean watching the Macy's Day Parade, I use to watch the parade every year and hadn't since hubby and I had been together since we were normally at his mom's and it wasn't something everyone else did.  We didn't have to be at my mom's until 4 so after the parade we just lounged around.  We got to Mom's about 415 and laughed and had a good time with her roommate and my little brother while she was finishing up cooking and we waited on my middle sister and her family.  Dinner was great and the company was fantastic and I'm so glad we got to enjoy so a low key meal with my family.

Friday my sister-in-law and I hit the stores at 7am ready to shop till we dropped.  Suprisingly the stores were "dead" for a Black Friday and the deals weren't that great.  None the less I got all the nieces and nephews done as well as my step-son and the Bean.  So now all I have left to shop for are the parents and Hubz.   My bedroom is now full of presents so I better get started wrapping because it never fails Christmas always sneaks up on me.

Saturday was spent doing nothing but staying in PJs until 5pm when we headed to my little sister's house to celebrater her fiance's birthday and visit with my dad.

Sunday I went to see my beloved Redskins play and they didn't let me down, the lost AGAIN!  I'm a fan through thick and thin but I wish they could get their act together.  I doesn't really help that we have one of the oldest teams in the league!  But some how we still might have a shot at the wild card playoff spot if we can pull it together for these last few games, we shall see.

So now that Thanksgiving has come and gone it's time to get ready for Christmas and our Annual New Year's Party!  This year we have plenty to celebrate.  We welcomed 3 new babies into the crazyness that is our family/friends, all little boys.  We had a marriage and started planning for another.  My little brother became a teenager and a niece and nephew both started school.  This time of year is my most favorite, after Halloween for obvious reasons, and I love celebrating and being surrounded by the people I love the most in the world!

No comments:

Blog Archive