Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Making a Change

I'm making a change.  Not a full-time change but a change and I'm so excited about it.  A few weeks ago I read a blog entry of a Working Momma who was going to start cloth diapering part-time.  Then I got to thinking back before the Bean was born, and was just a little Burrito growing in my belly, I had thought about cloth diapering but I never did any research, 6 months of ALL day sickness got the better of me with that, so disposables it was.  However, months before I ever read this post I started thinking about again and reading that blog was my sign, I'm big on signs, that it was time to seriously start researching and seeing if it was going to be more work than it was worth.  According the Working Momma in the aforementioned post it's not, so now I'm getting set up to give it a try.  I bought my first two diapers on e-bay last nite for a whopping $5 total! I'm on the search for few more just to get us started and see how we, really me because Hubz isn't so much on board, like it.  We'll still have disposables around for when others are watching him and don't feel comfortable with the cloth and for overnight and long trips out, oh and daycare.  I'll use them exclusively on the weekends and as much as possible during the week but since he spends most of the day at daycare I'm not sure how that will go.

I was talking to one of my sister-in-law's that cloth diapers and she says it will also help with potty training, when the time comes, because he'll be more aware of being wet.  Yet another bonus!  I'll report back once we get started about how it's going.  If it becomes to much I'll stop because being a Working Momma I don't need anything that's going to be adding more stress to my life and we've been using disposables for almost a year with no issue so if it turns out that that's the way it's meant to be then so be it.

No comments: