Monday, May 2, 2011

Here Comes the Bride ... with a much skinnier Bridesmaid

 This time last year I was revelling in the excitement of my little sister getting married.  I was her Matron of Honor and I was five months pregnant.  And to be quite honest considering how I spent most days, over the toilet, I looked pretty good.  Well, it's that time again!  My baby sister, the last of the us, is getting married in a 38 days!  I weigh more now, not pregnant, than I did last year when I was ... WHAT THE HELL!  It's my own fault really so I'm doing something about it.  I'm getting my lazy hind end out of bed, since that's where I plop once I'm doing getting things undid and redid for the work day, and getting moving.  I've renewed myself to get the weight off.  For me it's not about the number on the scale but more about how I feel and right now I feel like a big pile of crap, probably because that's all I've been eating.

I started using My Fitness Pal to track my calories and exercise.  I always do better when I can see what I'm putting in.  I'm thinking about talking my sister-in-law in to a weight loss/exercise challenge, she's trying to get healthy again too (plus she reads this blog so if I put in writing it holds us both accountable). My goal is to lose 6 lbs by my sister's wedding in June.  It's pretty doable since her wedding is in a little less than 6 weeks and I should be losing 1 lb a week.  My big goal is 20 lbs by the Bean's first birthday which is 16 weeks away which at 1lb a week would bring me just shy of my 20 lb goal so we shall see.  Once I reach my final goal it'll be all about maintaing. 

So here it is I'm putting it all in writing. 

Current weight (as of today): 156.7
1st goal weight (by 11 June): 150
Final goal weight (by 7 Sep): 130

Less crap and more exercise should do it this I know.  My problem always comes in the excution.  I'm always too tired or the baby's too tired or did I mention I'm too tired?  But this isn't going to work anymore.  I'm not happy with how I look or feel so I'm doing something about it ... or at least I'm going to try.

No comments:

Blog Archive