Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!  I've kind of been celebrating this day for 4 years, ever since I became a step-Momma, but there's something different about this day when the baby celebrating you is your own.  Sure the Bean doesn't really realize what today is but I firmly believe in leading by example, or at least trying to, which is why I always spend Mother's Day celebrating the Momma's in my life who have helped make me the Momma that I am and hope to be come --- my two sisters and my Momma.  This year we, really me, decided that since Hubz' Mom is now in VA it would be easier for everyone involved if we had all the Momma's, mine and both of his, over all at once.  This also leaves time for the newer Momma's -- me, sisters and sister-in-law -- to celebrate with our families later in the day, if that's what our husbands decide to do.  So we're having a brunch at our house on Sunday.  It's not often that we do something with just the family so it should be nice.

This time last year I was about half-way through my pregnancy with the Bean and close to having my all-day sickness just being continuous sea-sickness (that's the best way to describe how I felt from about 6-months on).  Since I was so sick and food made me sick hubz didn't know what to do for me so we went to a movie and it just so happened that the COACH outlet got a GIANT shipment of diaper bags in that week so we got my diaper bag for waaaaay less than I had planned.  All in all a good day.  I can't wait to see what this year has to hold.  While I don't expect presents, they're always nice, there are a few things that would be nice to have like a new bathrobe and slippers or:


Nikon d5000 - it's a little pricey so highly unlikely but what about for my birthday? I'm gonna be 30 afterall.



Corner rounder for scrapbooking

Cricut cartridge for scrapbooking




Just another veiw of  my biggest want.

No comments:

Blog Archive